Tuesday, April 8, 2014

When Words Collide, Aug 8-10, 2014

I will be going to When Words Collide in Calgary again this August. I'll post my schedule at the convention closer to the dates when times have been confirmed, but it looks like I'll be doing close to 10 sessions. Key among those will be the Book Social for Five Rivers Publishing (in my other hat as 5R Senior Editor) where we will be launching all six of Five River's spring releases.

I will also be doing a 'pitch' session where people can pitch their books to Five Rivers, and I'll provide feedback on how to improve their pitch, in addition to screening for manuscripts 5R might be interested in. Interestingly, one of the books being launched at WWC this year is indeed a book that was pitched to me three years ago at the first WWC.

I highly recommend When Words Collide to any writer (or serious readers) who can get there -- I consider it the finest writers convention in Western Canada, certainly the best for anyone working in commercial genres of SF/Fantasy, Romance, Mystery, etc., but even poetry, canlit and screen plays have been well represented in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment